|May 22nd 2009 - I just picked up 8 cute Buff Silkies from Melinda Hudalla. They are just gorgeous!!! It will be so
much fun to watch them grow.
I also just hatched a batch of Buff, Blue, Splash and Partridge cuties from Laura Beardsley. It's so much fun to get
new babies. They are fat, fluffy, round handfuls of love. I have been sending them out for so long I forgot what it's like!
I've shipped over 150 batches of chicks or adults since Jan 1st and am so pleased with 99% of where they go. It's
worth all the work I put into them to get all the excited emails and stories and pictures.
I just received this email today from Sharon Scott in TX:
I'm playing with the most gorgeous babies. All arrived in great shape (pecked the side of the box at the PO). Mega
cuteness overload. Thanx for such a nice group. Sharon
I still have a big folder I am planning to make time to put on the site. Those cute Silkies and my wonderful puppy dogs
are after me all the time to play with them, so it might take a little while!! And those fainting goats. :) Now when my
bestest husband and kid get home.... it's all about them. Good thing the postal service offered me an early
retirement!!! Now I only have my labors of LUV.
July 16th 2009
Just got these from Kylie, who
visited about a week ago.
She says she just loves how
cute the little ones are and
that they just fall asleep in
her hand. Thanks, Kylie!!
|Look down there at all that Good News!
There's probably some about me, FurGus!!
|Bobbi Porto of Indigo Egg!
|Good News Page #2
Just checking in to let you know how some of the silkies you sold me are doing. Last fall I took the splash boy I got from you and showed him. He earned a BV. The
daughter of Capt. Underpants(MilkyWay) x Darlin your white hen went to the same show. She placed 5th. The short version of her 5th place story: After seeing how the
judge kept comparing her to the others and knowing with horse & dogs when they do that they really like the animal. I got the judge and he told me why she placed
where she did. I turned her purple. She looked quite stark white to me until he showed me what he meant. He went on to tell me what he liked best about my girl- she
had the better back, topknot, overall quality of body feathers and he said both the birds I took had the best foot feathering! He said if she wasn't purple she would of
won. I felt terrible! But, not as terrible as when he placed the bird who did win BB and THEN to place her RES. CH.Featherleg. That could have been "your"
granddaughter winning that honor! I still haven't told Captain Underpants or Darlin "your children" they would be sooo dissapointed in me for doing this to their
child!!! By the way this pullet is still purple. I've been working all winter to try and remove it and all I think I have accomplished is drying out her coat. Hope she molts
it out soon. Also, just returned from the Delaware show where I took Darlin, again your hen that came to me w/ underpants. I'm ashamed to say this is the best she's
looked since I have had her. When she arrived she turned into an egg factory and just really looked dreadful. Over the winter she decided to finally shut down and
has started to come back into herself. She earned a 2nd place. She beat out a bunch of other hens with enormous topknots. And the reason I say this is that seemed
to be all the judge cared about. YOUR hen like her daughter I showed earlier had the best chest spring and short strong back there and that even includes my
beautiful porcelain I took and earned a BV! I'm now hopeful for Miss Peach. The hen I got this past late summer/fall from you. She came w/ the splash cock. She was
laying when I got her. You had said she was in w/ Tomater. Which I want to say now I'm sorry He's passed away. And sorry too that none of her eggs from him
hatched. I really liked that bird!!! Well, Peach went into a hard molt and looked like a plucked chicken all winter and her coat is starting to come in really thick. Can't
wait to see what happens. I really want to show her. I have yet to see a nice CLEAR buff around here. Though I'm sure there are but haven't seen them yet. She Is!
Although her feathering seems dry... Is that normal for buffs????????????????
Below I've included my proud parent pictures of your nice birds... Gilda Goodwin
|This is a gorgeous Black hen that
Laura and her family hatched from
some of my eggs. She has done
well for them. Laura says she is still
the Queen! :)
|A batch of
my eggs. I just
love to get
|April 8, 2009 Bobbi Here are the fair results for the Blue Jersey Giant, the judge made the commit that he had to come from Bobbi and after wards I
told her that she was right.. Thanks so much for a great bird.. Leslie
Best of Class
Grand Champion of Purebred
and my Daughter Got Reserve Grand Champion of Senior Showmanship
Thought you might get a kick out of this pic.
Buster, as I call him, has turned into the biggest
pet. He runs around the back yard and taunts the
wiener dogs. This is a shot of him sitting on the
back of a donkey that he rode at the children's
petting zoo at my church. On palm Sunday were
have a symbolic donkey parade in the church
and Buster sat on his back and rode. You
should have seen him going up the stairs on the
back of that donkey. Drexel
|Bobbi, Are these adorable or what ? I am
having such a good time with my silkies !! I
am sure I have 3 splash babies. Mary
Hassoc (pictures in pdf-trying to download!)
|50 LIFE LESSONS WRITTEN BY A VERY WISE 90 YEAR OLD:
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first pay check.
10. When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their
journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie.
Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words ’In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved.
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s,
we’d grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Remember that I will always share my spoon with you! Friends are the family that we choose
|Above are some Hokey Pokey and Pyro
chicks that Randall Dawson just hatched from
my eggs. Cute!! Thanks Randall!!